Thursday, June 26, 2008

Geisha

I read the book before I went to watch the movie. Lani told me that it was worthless to watch it since we both had read, but after I finished the book, I was so obssessed to see the movie (same as the kite runner)... I like to compare between the book and the movie, which is better, and to imagine how they actually illustrated the book into a movie, where exactly inside your brain you had little pictures of everything and felt you knew each character really well. The movie was not so bad, but there were several scenes I wish they had changed, and still hate the ending, I always wish it would be different. I like Gong Li's acting as Hatsumomo, just think she is not mean enough, I imagined she should be the devil someone who made someone's life really hard daily, but the movie lacked sympathy, love, emotions etc. For sure it lacks the full story about Geisha, the book explained it much better. But overall, I am ok with the movie. I give 8/10 for the novel and 7/10 for the movie

January 16, 2006

0 comments: