Monday, February 2, 2009

Warm weather

Last week (the last weekend of January) was the first weekend where the weather was above the freezing point. We decided to try our sled which we bought 2 months ago from Target and has been sitting in the trunk ever since.

We went to Elm Park and found a sledding hill where we could take our sled and try it for the first time. It was my first time - I always saw it on TV and always wanted to try it but got lazy to be outside since it has never been above freezing lately.

The hill was not too steep, but it was still a bit scary for me. Hear me screaming ....



We tried it several times and decided to check the rest of the activities in the park by getting to the bus. It drove us to the main area of the activities such as snow boarding, tubing and cross-country skiing. We saw our friends dragging their tubes but the line was long and we thought it was not fun enough to wait -- besides, the tube is almost the same as the sled. So we decided to try the cross-country skiing (which later we regretted). It was hard, we could not do it like the professional people - we walked most of time and I fell and went backward when going up hill. V was on the plain road, while I was using specil training tracks they have made, which keep your skis in line.

On Sunday, I decided to learn C# which now is a primary programming language at my work. We went to visit the Hennepin library - V saw the a library couple of years ago and always wanted to check it out since the outside looks like the new CoC Klaus building (now you know who is geeker). The inside impressed both me and V, we didn't expect it would be nice and clean. It is better than GT library and the kid section is waaay better than borders -- there was a giant purple dragon instead of a bookshelf.

The computer stations were every where and everyone was using them to watch YouTube videos. The library was not empty at all, so many people were there. For the first time I felt the government has spent my tax money the right way! : ) Too bad we don't live in Hennepin County.

We will check out the library again and get some pictures so you can judge it.

0 comments: